Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Fresh Eats 2010 (food lists)

I'm happy to say that the East Bay has a whole new slew of food spots that I can barely keep up with, so I am going to write up a list of places that I want to try this year: (Actual Cafe photo/yelp.com)

Actual Cafe (just around the corner from us!)
Barlata
Bocanova
Bellanico
Corso
Commis
Gather
Grand Tavern
Hibiscus
Lake Chalet Seafood Bar & Grill
Marzano
Pepple's Donuts (supposedly opening a shop 5422 San Pablo ave. Oakland)
Picán
summer summer

Most of this list above is inspired by the East Bay Express article from Fall '09 hailing Oakland as the "Brooklyn of the Bay Area."

The food list below is mostly inspired by friends.
(fresh phone photo)

Specific food items around the bay:
cupcakes from Cupkates (spotted in Rockridge, not in service)
lobster rolls from Sam's Chowder House (Hannah's idea)
porchetta sandwiches from Roli Roti (Jenn's idea)
chicken sandwich from Cafe Biere (Dudebro's idea)
tuna sliders from Sea Salt (Pinkbro's idea)

Food shopping:
Spanish Table, this one has been around since 2001, but I had never really noticed it till 2009, after I returned from Spain. Now I know where to shop for the next tapas party.

Where do you want to eat in 2010?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 5:10 PM, Blogger ruzxs said...

I want to eat at In-N-Out in 2010.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home