Monday, October 19, 2009

Pink Kitchen

How about a light pink Swedish kitchen to brighten up the rainy, dark Monday in the bay area today? I've been working on a couple of kitchen designs lately and I've been browsing through endless kitchens and I stumbled on this one at Hus & Hem recently. Doesn't she look like she's having fun in the kitchen?

(images via Hus & Hem)

This morning I drove out to the Viking Showroom in Hayward and looked at all sorts of cool kitchen vignettes. It confirmed what I thought about the preferred American palette and tastes. Americans usually lean towards safe neutrals in their homes and especially in their kitchens. A pink kitchen like this one would never fly with your typical American client.

Viking carries some bright orange and red appliance finishes, but the majority of Americans tend to not decorate their homes this way, especially with semi-permanent fixtures for the home. I don't think I could live with a pink kitchen myself, but it made me smile to see these folks living happily in one!

Edited PS- Randomly, I just clicked over to South Africa Elle Decoration and found this pink oven range manufactured by Big Chill!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Blogger Toni said...

I love that kitchen. So pink! So fresh!

 
At 9:44 PM, Anonymous yuri said...

I would totally get orange appliances.

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Elka said...

That rug totally pulls the space together. Gorgeous kitchen!

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Jamima said...

Wow, that looks very fresh. Loving it! Not sure I could handle it long term but it looks GOOOOOD.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home