Wednesday, October 07, 2009

alexander mcqueen

This one is worthy of its own post. Mr. McQueen has created a magnificent collection, a true work of art. The show itself looked spectacular, with two cameras rolling on tracks, sometimes filming into the screen to create a runway that went into space forever. The theme, "Plato's Atlantis," was introduced with footage of naked women being encircled by serpants in a deep lapis blue light. Very Roxy Music circa-Siren era. Then the show began–the models, heads adorned with ram-like horns very reminiscent of Matthew Barney Cremaster, started to walk out on the craziest shoes I have ever seen. And I thought my 3 1/2" heels were hard to walk in, try 10"!! I love the other-worldly pleating, wrapping mixed with the most amazing prints I have ever seen. I could go on and on, but witness the spectacle for yourself...

Video here.
Slideshow of full collection here.



Labels:

1 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger freshpink said...

Next level with those shoes! The hairdo's are also a nice touch. Thanks for posting again Yuri!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home