Monday, August 17, 2009

Patricia Urquiola (Rugs)

Patricia Urquiola is one of my all time favorite designers and it recently occurred to me that I have never dedicated a proper post to her. So, I think it's about time to mention her! I'm always finding inspiration in her work.

She is a Spanish born designer (b. 1961) that that has studied architecture and design in both Spain and Italy. She currently lives and works in Italy and is also a mother of two. She has designed for great companies like Moroso and B&B Italia.

This week I'm going to be posting some of my favorite designs from Ms. Urquiola, starting with one of her more recent pursuits into the world of rug design. These new rugs were also featured in Metropolitan Home this month (which has finally starting noticing her talent this year). They seem very sweater-inspired. This line is called 'Mangas' and they were designed for Gandia Blasco.

(images from architonic)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, Anonymous yuri said...

oooooh those are FUN. prolly a million dollars huh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home