Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Mission Inn

I stayed at a very cool hotel this weekend, called the Mission Inn, in Riverside, of all places. It is a block long and makes you feel like you are in old-timey Spain or Mexico. The funny part is that it is not actually a mission. However, there is tons of bougainvillea to be found and lots of history.

We took the 75-minute tour and saw lots of cool stuff inside that my guide would not let me take photos of, but I thought I would share the shots I was able to get of this pretty spot. Here's an exterior corner of the long building. Nice outdoor arches.So many pretty doors all over the property.Bougainvillea galore!The church was closed for a ceremony. Darn.The original owner, Frank Miller collected a LOT of stuff, like this canon.Palms everywhere!Presidents that have been to the Mission Inn. Nixon got married here.Nice Tile work by the elevators inside.The night lights! Apparently, there's even more during the holidays.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Blogger Jamima said...

Wow, gorgeous. Who would of thought that would be in Riverside!

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Toni said...

These pictures are a treat, Megan. Takes me back...Tony and I met as undergrads in Riverside in the early '60's. The hotel was beautiful then but we could tell that its beauty would fade if it wasn't restored.

 
At 3:40 PM, Anonymous wendy said...

Once many years ago I went to the Mission Inn and had too many drinks at that President bar and then cried because I wasn't as much in love with my boyfriend as I was with my gay friend. True story! Makes me glad not to be in my 20s anymore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home