Friday, June 19, 2009

BCN Poopie Pantz

*Alert* This is a fashion rant. One thing that was hard to NOT notice were the abundance of harem pants all over Barcelona. We are talking lady pant sag everywhere in the Spanish streets. I'm not a big fan of this particular pant style and I found myself instantly renaming them "Poopy Pants." I saw one crotch the was about only about 6" from the ground, now that's poopie sag-lookin'.Yes, I am sure they are comfy, but c'mon, so are diapers! There has to be a better way! (photo via runwaydaily.com)

After we had left Spain and were in Brussels, I was not seeing as many poopie pants. This led me to comment on the Barcelona harem pant trend to my buddy, Vanessa, who lives in Belgium. She noted that the style had caught on like wild fire in last summer there.

When I got home I had to google "Harem Pants Barcelona." According to various sources, this pant trend has been in full swing since 2007 in BCN. I found a with a recent link from one of my favorite Australian websites that had similar thoughts to my own. View here. photo by Alison Zavos

I'm just crossing my fingers those pants don't become en vogue in the bay area. I got worried about this in January. We do have those Hammer pants roots.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Blogger jennwhisper said...

I, too, hate poopy pants fashion. Its terrible!!

 
At 10:55 AM, Anonymous yuri said...

guilt as charged yours truly has a pair of these but they are black and white and have a crazy MIA-esque pattern all over. have yet to wear them out but I still love them even though they are poopy. bought them several months ago at american apparel which tells me that if they are on to this trend then yes you will be seeing it around these parts...

I will take poopy pants over boho-chic any fucking day.

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger PopPhilosopher said...

american apparel has them? can't wait until every other kid at blow up is pooping their pants.

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger ruzxs said...

ew, poopy pants!

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Jamima said...

These need to go away fast! Ewwwww, and so not flattering.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home