Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Round-up, Dress Lust & Fun List

My sort-of Spring Break is ending today. Unfortunately, I did nothing Spring Break-esque to speak of, unless making hot pots of meat fondue two days in a row sounds like Spring Break to you? The second night was an outdoor special during Earth Hour (aka eurf hour).(meaty goodness photos by Y. Ono)

Here's what I DID do; I worked for my internship people, reordered mirrors, found my expired passport, planned for the BIG trip that we are taking at the end of May (everything is almost ALL booked!) and looked at LOTS of dresses.Here are some of my dress faves in reds, oranges & pink from left to right: Nanette Lepore Dress, J. Crew Pansy Jacquard dress, Anna Sui Chains Jacquard Dress (love), Martin & Osa Silk Plaid Dress, Tibi Mandarin Dress & Chadwick's Sophia Dress

*Dan, if you are paying attention, click on Chadwick's for cheap dresses 4 your lady!*

Now that it's back-to-biz time for school, I'm itching to make a list of fun bay area stuff to do that I probably don't have time for! Funny how that works, huh?(image from leslieandthelys.com)

Fresh Shows:
Stereo Total & Leslie and the Lys @ Bimbo's- April 3rd
Vetiver @ The Crepe Place in Santa Cruz- April 7th
April Wine April with DJs Roscoe and S.E.S. @ The Attic- April 11th
Devandra Banhart @ The Independent- April 14th
Sebastian Tellier @ The Independent- April 17th
Grouper @ Hemlock Tavern- April 25th
Rubies @ Mollusk Gallery- April 25th
Ghost @ The Independent- April 28th
The Black Lips @ The Blue Lagoon Santa Cruz- April 29th

Fresh Film:
Made In the U.S.A. @ The Castro Theater- April 1st-7th (Anna Karina alert, never on Video, TV or DVD before!)
Fresh Art:
Warhol Live @ De Young- through May 17, 2009
Inside/Outside show @ Museum of Craft & Folk- through May 24, 2009

Fresh Weekend Trip:
Stinson Beach Motel- Before April 30th when Winter Rates end! (highly recommended by jetsetting friend, T. Broom)

Fresh Food:
Burger @ Wood Tavern- Anytime
Doughnuts @ Dynamo- Anytime, seriously.

Fresh Shopping:
Alameda Flea Market (ok, I might I have to go, it's been months now!)

What else?

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Anonymous wendy said...

I love that Anna Sui dress!

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger ruzxs said...

- "The Anvil Experience" @ Slim's, Sunday April 12th! Anvil movie + Anvil live.

- Bart Davenport (with R) @ the Knockout, Friday April 10th

 
At 4:03 PM, Anonymous yuri said...

ha! glad you found the pics.

 
At 10:34 PM, Anonymous yuri said...

don't ask me how I know but made in usa will be coming out on criterion soon...

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Dan said...

- marianne dissard at amoeba berkeley and later at hemlock - april 29.

- tinariwen at palace fine arts on april 16.

world music dan

 
At 4:08 AM, Anonymous Mallory said...

Nice designs of those dresses!! I recently got new summer dresses from Chadwicks...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home