Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday Mirror Reflections

Within the past week two broken mirrors have arrived in the mail for a bath remodel project that I've been working on (photos above and below of now broken mirrors). Target & Restoration Hardware are the faulty shipping sources. It has got me thinking that maybe mail-order mirrors are a bad idea. It seems like picking them up in person is the way to go, unless you want a returning hassle in your future. With that said, I love mirrors. Upon recent count, I've got nine displayed mirrors in our teeny, tiny apartment; four full-length mirrors (one hung sideways in the entryway), one mirrored medicine cabinet, one round decorative mirror above the stove (in photo below), and three smaller rectangular ones scattered around. I love the way they make spaces look bigger than they really are! (Yayoi Kasuma's mirrored room from trueblue.com)

Unfortunately, I still find myself looking at more mirrors (lamps provide me with a similar type of problem). Here's a few fresh ones from around the web that that could eliminate the need for shipping and all be picked up in-person at the listed big box stores.

Round and oval mirrors make me especially happy! I could probably find a couple of spots to pack some of these in. I still love this set of little reflector mirrors from CB2. Sun wall mirrors from West Elm. White washed finished nautical mirrors.
This round ridged one from Cost Plus. Not round or oval, the Ikea Mandal mirror is also nice. Unfortunately this last beauty, a bone chevron-striped mirror from Pottery Barn is very pretty but an online only purchase. Worth the risk? Maybe.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Blogger Jamima said...

Boo, for broken mirrors!

 
At 4:13 AM, Anonymous Crystal said...

I love your photos (house and furnishings), sooo funky, excellent.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home