Tuesday, March 03, 2009

House Beautiful

I got a subscription to House Beautiful as a Christmas gift. I have to admit that it is not a shelter magazine that I would normally buy on the newsstand myself. However, I was pleasantly surprised when my first issue arrived in the mail and was entitled, "The Ultimate Color Issue." It inspired me to share a couple of my favorite color tidbits from this issue. I love the white circles mirror in this photo, contrasted against the green walls, accented with a little bit of black.Then there's this a girly dash of pink fabric on the couch, adding drama in the brown entry room with a cool diamond-patterned floor.Apologies for the bad photo, this will have to do, since my scan was even worse of these two pages filled with nice bits of orange mixed with light blue. I like that big piece of wood that the room on the right was styled with.I also like the bold use of tangerine in this modern-looking room with nice white shelving. Lighting that looks like cool jewelry (or candy) is always A-OK in my book. This beaded, turquoise hanging fixture by Majorie Skouras Designs could add some serious eye candy to a room! This company also makes these great-looking coral drawer pulls.

Hopefully, my upcoming issues of House Beautiful can also offer some more fresh inspiration!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, Anonymous Kooky Komments said...

that tangerine wall with shelves and the white shag are awesome

 

Post a Comment

<< Home