Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Fresh Obsession: Conversation Pits

I just found this great website that architects and designers can upload photos to that I don't know how I haven't noticed before. It is called houzz.com. This great room with a mod, sixties-style conversation sofa pit caught my eye. It is basically my dream sofa situation. The room is from a town house in Chicago, designed by Robert Hirsch Architect, more photos of the houzz here. In the comment section underneath the photo above, someone brought up Barbi Benton's house that has a similar sofa pit. It is pictured below. It's not as cool or recessed like the photo above, but it is still pretty awesome! It led to me to read that Barbi and her hubby recently put their crazy futuristic house on the market. It is located in Aspen, Colorado and called the Copper Palace, listed for only $25 Million. I would like to do some hanging out at that palace. Apparently, it is complete with it's own disco.

On hunt for more, I found this vintage beauty on flickr, sans background info, but it's still a looker done in fresh colors. (from highsteelheels)

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Kooky Komments said...

Those are beautiful, but all I can think of is how much fun kids would have jumping around on them!

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Jamima said...

Love the stairs that lead down to the last pic. I don't know how practical but so cool!

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Tracie Broom said...

I now desperately want a conversation pit in my life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home