Friday, February 20, 2009

Reminiscing on Viva Variety

Earlier today, I was reading that Jack and Kelly Osbourne are trying to come up with a TV variety show, thanks to an idea from their business-minded mother, Sharon. They haven't quite figured out what their own special slant on the concept is going to be, but this is really neither here nor there. I don't really care that much for the Osbourne kids, unless perhaps, they can come up with something really interesting. I am a little skeptical though.

Either way, their idea got me thinking of one of my favorite variety shows that had a short life on Comedy Central in the late 90's, Viva Variety. R.I.P. Now the hosts of the show, Kerri Kenney and Thomas Lennon have gone on to places like Reno 911 and Micheal Ian Black does his own stand-up thing. Here's a blurb from back in the VV days. There's not a lot posted on youtube, so enjoy the Christmas flavors.
They also used to host fun musical guests. Watch Cibo Matto on on VV here and Run DMC here.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Kooky Komments said...

Michael Ian Black also has a hilarious blogg, one of the few that I read regularly.

http://www.michaelianblack.net/blog/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home