Thursday, January 29, 2009

Vivienne Tam

The recent Chinese New Year got me thinking about talented Chinese American fashion designers. The first one that came to mind was Vivienne Tam. Someone cooler than me probably would of thought of the younger, buzz boy, Phillip Lim but VT holds a special place in my heart. A few years back I found her China Chic book to be a great source of style inspiration. In fact, I ended up buying my own red cheongsam shortly after buying the book, no photos of it to share, but it was nice! It featured art, design, fashion, culture and history related to Hong Kong and China. Here's a little flip through. This is just a little taste, this is big coffee table book. Of course, I loved all the vintage fashion shots.
I also admire the beautiful clothes she makes, most notably, her gorgeous dresses that reflect her Chinese culture with modern fashion. If you haven't gotten the pleasure of looking at it yet, here's a look at her Spring 2009 line. She told Style that the collection was inspired by "peonies and an homage to the late Yves Saint Laurent."This is a great combo if you ask me. Look at the pretty shades of pink, red and purple.(all photos via Style.com)

If you are into PC laptops, she also did a project with HP and designed a special edition Vivenne Tam laptop. It's very pretty and looks like a handbag instead of a PC. Read more over here.It is due out in early 2009. (photo via design boom)

If you want more VT, sneak a peak of the Interior of her Mercer St. store in NYC over here. There's a full-scale replica of a Qing dynasty tea house in there!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 6:26 AM, Blogger Bubeau said...

I love chinese americans!

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger freshpinkstyle said...

Ha, that's true! You do!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home