Thursday, January 15, 2009

Joy of Cooking

Thrift shopping helped me score this record today! It's 1971's "Closer to the Ground" by Joy of Cooking.In the past year or so, I've gotten into the local singer from the 70's, Terry Garthwaite. During the years of 1993-1999, she co-founded and managed a community cable radio station in Marin County, that was called KSGV. Read more about her over here. I've not heard her more recent music, but I like a couple of her albums from the 70's. (photo from terrygarthwaite.com)

I knew she had a former band called the Joy of Cooking, but I hadn't really gotten a chance to hear them till today. Good stuff. Read more about the band over here. Disappointingly, they don't appear to have any youtube videos available, otherwise I would be sharing some Joy of Cooking flashbacks over here. (all other photos from joyofcooking.com)

A Youtube-

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 5:56 PM, Blogger Dan said...

Bummer, I thought this was going to be a post about your newfound love of the cookbook.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home