Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Rainbow Color Fun

Check out these crazy colors! I think the walls are made from paint chips? I couldn't get up close enough to fully examine yet.I was kind of shocked when I walked into the San Francisco Design Center this morning to see this colorful, faux bois-floored, color burst of a booth getting installed. FYI, there are currently swarms of design teams that are getting all geared up for this year's DIFFA Dining By Design fundraiser. Everyone is rushing to put together their fancy dining booths. For interior design freaks, it is sort of like when Fashion Week comes to town.

I am not sure (quite yet) who's responsible for the rainbow-bursting booth pictured above, or if they are local, but it feels very of-the-moment and San Francisco Style to me. Sorta like this crazy rainbow Alexander McQueen dress. Shazam!The 2008 rainbow booth is a refreshing departure from designs that I've seen in years past. I've been craving for more designers to take some risks, get a little crazier and be bold for a change! I will be interested to see the rainbow booth all done later this week. Here are few shots from SF 2006 event to illustrate the more conservative side of some past designs.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:03 PM, Blogger Jamima said...

Love the rainbow booth!

 
At 7:47 PM, Anonymous THE M said...

...if this is not a statement on Prop 8! Well, just wonder how it feels after a glass of wine or two...being all that colorful and rainbowish.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home