Thursday, August 14, 2008

Visual Clusters On The Wall

Yay! One of my summer projects is almost done! For the past few months I have preoccupied a good deal of time in an effort to perfect my fresh "art wall" for the kitchen. I decided it was a good way to shove a bunch of the little art (mostly etsy purchases) that I have acquired into our small space. See the piles of images below, many of them did not make the wall cut, as you will see later. As I am about complete with my project (aka, I have run out of space) I am noticing salon style art wall images everywhere. I am loving all the images that are flooding around. I think it is possible that the art on the wall of the Sex and The City set of Carrie Bradshaw's bedroom made mainstream folks notice the concept a little more. I think it was really well done.(image from www.morewaystowastetime.blogspot.com)

Here are a few examples of images with this look that I recently spotted:

Apartment Therapy has been featuring the look, seen here (this one is my favorite).And here.Or here's one with mostly empty frames.Recently West Elm sent out a mass generated ad that featured the look.
Here's some wall decor images that have been inspiring me over on flickr.I decided that wanted a hybrid look of what Lisa Congdon did with her plate wall (see below) along with the look all the other wall images above. (image via designsponge)

Here's my version at the momentI think it looks more cluttered in the photo. I am enjoying it for the moment in real life, but we will see how long it takes me before I get restless. I still need to think about giving the heater a facelift of some sort.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Blogger Bubeau said...

Heater facelife + new (old) stove = very stylish kitchen!

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Dan said...

Maybe paint it pink?

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger freshpinkstyle said...

I like that idea but I'm not sure the landlords would appreciate a pink heater cover?

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Bubeau said...

Your landlords don't have to know!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home