Sunday, August 24, 2008

Fresh Bike Baskets

(image from fun post on copenhagen bike chic @freepeople's blog)

While I am still deciding on what to do about the ugly bike helmet dilemma, I am going to envision what's next in my brownie bike realm. Half of the reason to have a bike is to be able to cruise around and pick goodies up and throw them in a basket, right? This makes me a little more excited for bike basket shopping than I was for helmet shopping!

The obvious design-y choice would be get this nicely designed, lacy basket number that I've seen on so many design blogs and spray paint it pink. (image from www.shoprelish.com)

Unfortunately, I think this looks TOO good and I don't need to attract bike thieves, so I think I will have to stick with something a little more conservative and practical. Here are few.

This one is natural and a little less flashy, but still nice!

Peterbro Wicker Front Bike Basket
Maybe still too nice?

City Bike Basket Mounted Bicycle BasketPractical and simple!

Folding Rear Wald Bike BasketAlso practical.

Flickr inspires (again) me that many different types of baskets can work.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Blogger jennwhisper said...

i think a wicker-y basket will not get stolen. or even if it does, probably not as $$ as a metal one. it would look cute with that brown bike too... something to think about!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home