Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Fresh 2 Death@Rock The Bells

I don't know what happened to yesterday, it sort of slipped away. I meant to post some photos from my weekend of fun. I went to the Rock the Bells festival at Shoreline on Saturday and saw a bunch of quality hip hop and had a great time! It usually takes a lot to decide I want to actually go to a festival and brave the crowds. With big acts like De La Soul, The Pharcyde, Method Man, Redman, Nas, Africa Bambaataa, Tribe Called Quest, Blackalicious, Murs & Supernatural all the bill, I knew it would be hard to not have a good time. I also knew it would be good people watching on a nice summer day!The deal sealer for me had to with my excitement to see the side stage acts, fresh favorites, Amanda Blank & Spankrock performing. Here's Amanda Blank rippin' it up. I was pretty blown away. She lived up to the hype that I had in my head about her. It was really fun to watch her set with a small crowd. My camera died a couple minutes after I snapped this shot, otherwise, I would of moved in closer to capture her fun outfit. Here's Spankrock. He was spot rockin' as he's ever been! His tee under that sweatshirt he's wearing was really crazy and um, not very family friendly. Pretty much ALL of the music was great, but the other fun part really WAS all the colorful people watching, lots of folks were fresh to death. I had some good hoodie spottings and yes, the milk chickens were out in full force!(photo from KMEL)

shoes stunna shadesshirtsAll the fresh young kids had on great tee shirts that I didn't get daring enough to approach and photograph them dead on. So I was glad to see that KMEL got some good shots. (photo from KMEL )

I was loving this shot they got of the boy with the pink umbrella accessory (actually very intelligent considering the mid-day heat) .(photo from KMEL )

This guy with the wig is not too shabby either.(photo from KMEL )

Many other were accessorized with their backpacks. Josh got the fresh & positive vibe of Acrylick's promotion team! I understand because I like this shirt they made!(image from acrylic.net)

And you can't tell from this photo, but I am 98% positive this is Del standing in front me during the Meth & Redman set, which was a little weird to see him hanging out with the common folks, but cool!The only that was missing from the fun day was the Cool Kids set that was on the schedule but never happened. So, I'll have to watch it on youtube.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Blogger Dan said...

what about the music, man? like, who was hot on the bit stage?

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger freshpinkstyle said...

Everyone was really good actually! De la Soul was better than I thought they would be. They played a good mix of different eras. It was nice to see the Pharcyde again. I had never heard them do live versions of Labcabincalifornia. I also liked Supernatural. He did a bunch of rap impersonations that were funny to listen to. I had also never seen Method Man & Redman live and they were good. I didn't really like Nas' set. I was a little bored. Q-tip did a set by himself and I was really ready when the rest of Tribe came out and joined him. Tribe was good, but I wanted to hear "Can I Kick It?" and it didn't happen. We missed Murs and Blackalicious cuz they played real early.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home