Monday, July 14, 2008

Renegade Round-Up

Yesterday, we went to go check out SF's first Renegade Craft Fair. It was over at Fort Mason and there was lots of cool stuff for sale. It was too bad I wasn't feeling a little more wealthy. The highlights for me were the following three booths. (photo by Gwen via Flickr)

Sara Paloma's pottery- It appeared to be influenced by mid century modern shapes and maybe a little Jonathan Adler, but her line is was more feminine, delicate, simple and zen-looking than his. It was very pretty. Her studio is in Emeryville, CA, making her my neighbor.
Domestic Construction- This booth was also fun. These two ladies from NYC were on to a brilliant re-use of vintage tea cups. They re-purposed them into hanging light fixtures. We decided the clustered fixtures looked better than the single lamps. I think some of my buddies decided that they are going to order a custom piece for their dining room that needs some pizazz.
Rock Paper Scissors- They are a fun design company run by sisters out of San Fernando, CA. I thought pretty much everything they carried was adorable. They have mod-inspired, candy colored stationary, notebooks, coasters, tea towels, pillows, bags and tee shirts. I ended up making two rounds of purchases here. I got a butterfly vintage fabric card for my art wall and some other goodies that are gifts for lil' buddies.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home