Thursday, June 05, 2008

It's Bike Time!

This post is to publicly announce and therefore resolve or shame myself into getting the hand-me-down, 1974 brownie bike that is waiting for me in the backyard fixed in the NEXT WEEK. Since I can't afford this purdy pink bike by Felt and there are 16 days until summer starts I have NO choice. It has been too long since I've had a functioning bike. I don't know what I have been waiting for? I've got plenty of cruising up and down Sacramento Street that I could be doing. I think I am going to this bike shop in Berkeley, but I am open to better suggestions if there are opinionated bike nerds reading.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 1:08 PM, Blogger Bubeau said...

Bike ridiing is super duper fun. Last night me and my lady went for a twilight cruise replete with warm breezes...it was awesome.

 
At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Yuri said...

Missing Link's Annex (smaller sister store across the street from big sister store) does a great job reconditioning older bikes.

I am very happy to hear you will be getting Ms. Brown Fancy back into riding shape. She deserves all your love and attention and can't wait for your butt to be riding her comfy seat. Oh, that's kinda inappropriate huh.

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Dan said...

I love the Pioneer Bike Shop off Piedmont on Rio Vista. It's just one guy and the store's a mess but he's super friendly and inexpensive. Good for non-bike nerds.

 
At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Yummy said...

Love the pink Felt bike, they make great road bikes so I bet it is a smoove ride. However since the money isn't flowin', sound like big brown just needs some tuning up! Can't wait to see you riding.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home