Friday, May 02, 2008

May's Final Countdown

May's here and I am excited for the final countdown!

I'm still suffering it out with the crew production duty at SFSU. I have been spending way too much time in McKenna Theater (pictured below). It has literally sucked up my life. The past two nights I have left school around 11:30 PM. Tonight is the opening night of City of Angels and then after that I have still have five more nights with the theater dorks (no offense, I am just bitter) and one more 10-hour shift to spend with them next weekend (that I am going to try my best to slack out of). The real hard part has been trying to figure out how to get my final Interior Design Projects done. Instead of worrying about that at the moment, I blog and bitch, since there's been some blog neglect too. What I have learned from this unfortunate time-sucking choice of a class is, now I know without a doubt I DO NOT have any interest in Theater Stage Design. There is no pay and it sucks the life out of you. But I HAVE made many a new 19-year buddies out of this deal! The other good news is that I am basically DONE with major turn-in's on the 15th of May. After that I have a few smaller items to complete that will be over by the 22nd. Here's some pre-mature celebration with Alice Cooper for that one.

After that we take off for Santa Cruz with my (sometimes) bloggin' buddy Yuri and her hubby, Josh (fresh off of tour in EUROPE with Emily Jane White and Rogue Wave this week!) for some fun with hippies at the Folk Yeah Festival that will be in Santa Cruz for the first time. I am excited. I've been to one other small Folk Yeah fest a couple of years back in Big Sur, but this time we are staying at a Santa Cruz hotel that has been described as haunted by 18 ghosts and serves deep-fried twinkies. It sounds a little funky, but it should be fun to see our buddies, Ascended Master, along with LA Fresh Fave, Ariel Pink and 70's band, Kluster.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Blogger Bubeau said...

folk yeah always sounds fun when i hear about it. the big sur one sounded fun anyway.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger ruzxs said...

folk yeah!

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Dan said...

hey, don't forget us! i got a (smoking) room for me, cam, and kristin.

that's right, we're smoking. in the boys room.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger freshpinkstyle said...

What? Really? Cool. I didn't you guys were going, even more fun!

 
At 4:33 PM, Anonymous yuri said...

rogue wave? don't think so.
am looking forward to santa cruz. it will be an all night party! smooching and shrooming! no no, just kidding.

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger freshpinkstyle said...

I thought Emily was rogue wave's opener? huh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home