Thursday, May 29, 2008

KG

This photo of Kim Gordon is from the June issue of Nylon. She's promoting the new Free Kitten album. I am assuming that this photo was taken in her New York home? Wherever it is, it peaked my curiosity to see more of the interior. I think I saw photos of the Gordon/Moore house in Massachusetts a few years back in indie mag of some sort but I only vaguely remember their daughter's room. During the school year, KG's family lives in the same town as Dan's dad (this is a story that Dan likes to tell btw). Here's a bird's eye stalker view link of that house. And here's the new album cover.(image from www.ecstaticpeace.com)
As I was internet searching for more clues to KG's home interiors, I stumbled on this older news from Pitchfork. Apparently, Kim Gordon is going to play a doctor (pictured above) in the upcoming film, Pure White Light, which is adapted from a Miranda July short story. Becky Stark, the singer/songwriter of Lavender Diamond (pictured in yellow below) is also in the film. (Photos by Luke Gilford and Natalie Rodgers)

While I was web trollin', I found a flickr set of some more recent KG work. Here's a look.Kim Gordon went to Otis College of Art and Design in the 80's and studied painting. She is also a Taurus. Her b-day is the 28th of April. That is astrology news to me.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Blogger Dan said...

Actually - ahem - Kim lives in Northampton, which is 30 minutes away from my town. But her daughter goes to my dad's school, and he has her in his class this year. She's apparently very nice.

Becky Stark was also in this film, High School Record, where she's a kooky teacher w/ some very awkward, arty kids. It's pretty amazing, but I don't think it ever got distribution.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home