Friday, April 18, 2008

School Show & Tell

Often times I moan and groan about school over here, but I rarely show you what I am actually up to and producing. So, I am going to show you some images of what my commercial interior design group presented in class yesterday. Our assignment was to create a commercial bank, which honestly was not the most thrilling assignment. We needed to provide floor plans, which are shown below. We also needed to create a bunch of technical drawings and ugh, perspective drawings. Since I haven't ever really been taught proper perspective techniques at SFSU, I decided it was time to start teaching myself Google Sketchup. I designed the teller booth of the bank. It is pretty easy and fun to use, but a little limiting and slightly cheesy-looking, hence the skater dudes in my teller zone above. I got a little help with it, but I need more help and to get better at it ASAP. I've got to get another perspective done for a bathroom design soon.

Here's what my group members made in Sketchup. They have both been using the program since last year. Melanie did the design for the manager's office. I like how she included Arne Jacobsen's Swan Chairs and Egg Chair, swanky. You can search for stuff like this right at the Google Sketchup 3D Warehouse.

This bottom one is Kayu's conference room design.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home