Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Shades of Mustard & Pink

After a year of contemplating a re-paint of our pumpkin orange walls with a mustard yellow, I am finally doing it, wall by wall. Here are a few shots of the new kitchen color. It's exciting to have freshly painted walls!You can see I have left one wall the older pumpkin color and haven't untaped quite yet. That last wall will probably turn mustard soon too. Our house is very dark, so the lighter paint job is to help that issue. I also am hoping that I can find a round mirror in the blank wall area above the stove to bring in even more reflected light. If I cannot find anything used soon I will be tempted by this set of round mirrors.Here's a little more candy color inspiration celebrating my one of my newer favorite color combos of mustard & pink.

From left pictured clockwise:
Daisy trays from Isak (ok, pink & orange here)
Nina cushion from Etoile
Florence Broadhurst wallpaper (expense alert!)
Tie and shorts combo at J.Crew
Pink nesting tables from Modern One
Fleur de lys glasses and "Jayne" patchwork sofa at Anthropologie

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Blogger jennwhisper said...

I love that color! I'm sure it makes yr dark kitchen much more lively. Can't wait to see it in person!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home