Monday, February 11, 2008

Marc Jacobs

Greetings FPS readers. While your usual hostess is swamped with school matters I will try to fill in with ruminations on fashion, music, art, obsessions, etc.

First up is this great documentary I watched the other night on the Sundance Channel. It's about Marc Jacobs, the fashion designer and uber setter of wearable trends. Seeing that he's a very difficult creative mind to access, this documentary is quite a gift to those like me who wonder constantly how he keeps coming up with beautiful and thoughtful creations every seven months or so. I mean, this guy not only designs his own line but Louis Vuitton's as well!

The only other documentary I have seen about a fashion designer's process was 1995's "Unzipped" about Isaac Mizrahi. Although that was great, raw and very insightful, I appreciated this one more because it paid attention to Jacobs' team - his workshop crew, his assistants, his muses. One man cannot do it alone and this film documented that really well.

Here's a snippet:


Here are some faves from his Spring 2007 MJ collection (its creation is partly documented in the film).



Hope you are enjoying your Monday!
Yuri

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Blogger Megan said...

1.) Sweet Yuri! You're going to make my semi-design blog, more design-y!

2.) You're so quick!

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger ruzxs said...

nice glog, yo.

 
At 10:05 PM, Anonymous wendy said...

yay for guest blogging! I was also hoping for guest blogging from Ruzxs. I am woefully behind on two-drummer bands, three-word band names, and what is gay 2.

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Megan said...

Dear Wendy,

Unfortunately, while I understand your wish for Ruzxs to guestblog, he just isn't really "freshpinkstyle", if you know what I mean. Yuri on the other is waayyy freshpinkstyle. And how 'bout you? You got any freshpinkstyle that you'd like to guest blog with?

thanks,
fresh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home