Friday, November 30, 2007

Assorted Goodies & Links

(art by Wayne Thiebaud)

Here are some fresh things I am presently excited about -

@ Asian Art Museum- Stylized Sculpture: Contemporary Japanese Fashion from the Kyoto Costume Institute exhibition

@ MOMA- Joseph Cornell exhibition, I love collage-y artists and I hadn't realized this was happening until I heard it on KALX the other day. I love his little shadow boxes. This piece has been one of my favorites at the MOMA for years.
December 22nd is supposedly the luckiest day of 2007 for me (ha ha, according to InStyle magazine), sadly Van Halen is playing Oakland and I would like to go, but I will not be spending $175 to see the show. Instead I will be playing the lotto all week, anticipating my luckiest day.

On Thanksgiving at the Pink house, we did this fun test to find out our "daemon" at the Golden Compass site. Here's what mine looks like. Laefe's my daemon's name. You should try it and tell me what you are. R was a ladybug the first time he tried it and then the second time he was a rat. He wants to see the movie and I am not so interested. I might send him with my dad.

My friend Mara's six year-old has been making "minor news" casts. Pretty funny stuff! Watch her on Youtube.

My other buddy, Yummy confirmed that they are having a boy due right around my birthday- right in the middle of May. He will be my tight Taurus bro. His last name will be Wolk, so R and I have been brainstorming W first names for him, such as a Wolfgang, Woodie and Wesley. Good times, submissions welcome for the future WW.

I'm making this delicious-looking recipe this weekend. I will let you know if it is good. Alameda Flea market this Sunday! I will be there!

Kelley Stoltz at the Rickshaw tonight.

I finished this stretched fabric canvas for R's office, that is in major need of a face lift and paint! The fabric is a groovy trees grove, where the print looks the same upside down. It also sort of looks like clouds, treeclouds. Also, I will be back on the air every Wednesday afternoon from noon-three in December and January.

Lastly, here's some FFF (fresh flickr faves)

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 5:19 PM, Blogger ruzxs said...

i was a mouse!

how about wilfred?

 
At 2:06 AM, Blogger Dan said...

i was also a mouse. what the hell?

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger jenn said...

was that yr marimekko fabric?? its beautiful!!! once you are on winter break will you help me stretch my japanese fabric?
also i hope the golden compass will be good but there is a great chance it will not. but me and zap are gonna see it anyway.
also my daemon is: a whippet!"modest, assertive, solitary, inquisitive and humble"
i don't know if thats true!

 
At 7:15 PM, Anonymous yuri said...

I'm "Boreallus", some kind of lynx cat. I'm "solitary, dependable, sofly spoken (not really), spontaneous and clever. Hmm.
I do want to see this movie.

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger freshpinkstyle said...

It does look like it could be a marimekko fabric, but it is not, therefore it was much more affordable. Here it is in black- http://reprodepot.stores.yahoo.net/tgrvbk.html

And yes, I can help you stretch your fabric. It's easy with a staple gun.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Elka said...

oh my god--i guess great minds must think alike. I made this a month and a half ago: http://flickr.com/photos/elkanikkolekarl/2044697667/in/set-72157603281213082/

Also available at Stone Mountain and Daughter. Loves it!

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Elka said...

http://flickr.com/photos/elkanikkolekarl/
2044697667/in/set-72157603281213082/

um whoops, that is the full link.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home