Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Mystical & Magical Petrification

The bad news is that my Civic is seven days gone now and not back. I am not so happy about this. The good news is that we had a fun getaway weekend in Calistoga. This is the cute little house behind Calistoga Inn. We visited shooting geysers (Old Faithful) and the Petrified Forest, which was nothing but mystical and magical. I highly recommend it. Interestingly enough, we went to wine country and didn't have any wine. We did see a lot of different fruit trees on our walk to Old Faithful, like these persimmon trees. There were also lots of pretty fall colors to take in, like this. We also saw the new Wes Anderson movie and it was completely underwhelming. It was full of Indian eye candy, textiles and intricate set design details that Wes Anderson seems to like to fixate on, which made it worth for me. The story itself made me doze off a couple of times. I would advise that you are sure you feeling alert to have the stamina to make it through the lackluster-ness of the story.

Dan saw the movie too, he wraps it up more cleverly than me. While I was away, Dan also played 80's music for me during my slot on on kalx yesterday. Thanks Dan! Next week on Monday from 3-6 PM, tune in to hear us play our faves from the 90's.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, Blogger PopPhilosopher said...

They should call it "Old Stinky!"

Did you see Joanna Newsom hopping along the bunnytrail?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home