Friday, October 26, 2007

Back In ACTION!!!

Around 12:30 AM on Wednesday, just as I was almost asleep, I received various calls from the BART police and the City of Richmond police to inform me that my stolen car had been found in Richmond. BTW, it had been gone since the 9th of October. No one on the phone could tell what state it was in, so getting back to sleep wasn't so easy.

Fortunately, after running around getting release forms from all the proper folks, I was able to retrieve it in pretty good shape! There was no stripping of parts, no body damage and surprisingly all my bulimic shopping was left in my trunk. There was a strong smell of cologne, two soda cans, my ignition seems to have something perma-stuck inside of it, so driving without a key is possible and my stereo is a goner. They cleared out all my loose ends in the car, like receipts, empty cd cases, a wool blanket from my Canadian relatives, etc but no major losses. I do wish I had my design center card that I need this semester. They left me my duck tape and my SF laminated map. They had duck taped over the stolen stereo zone, R took the tape off and we found this note. I guess it was their Bonnie & Clyde stamp? The car had clearly been used for a date. But I can't complain too much, I am happy the ordeal is mostly over. I think I will now get a car alarm, use a club and possibly change insurance carriers, USAA has pretty much sucked. Otherwise, it is a happy ending. I hope to not ever have anymore car-related entries.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 10:57 PM, Blogger Toni said...

Can't believe you got it back in such good shape even though you have to endure the smell of cologne (hope it isn't Old Spice). The note is what's so bizarre -- must be the 21st Century version of carving lovers' names in a tree trunk.

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Dan said...

When you say "clearly a date," does that mean what I think it means?

Maybe you can put another blanket down in the back seat? Or get it washed out reallll good.

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Elka said...

Given that I am the Major Hippie Around These Parts, I have some extra sage you can smudge the car with; plus it would probably overpower the teenage pheromones and lingering cologne.

What a happy ending! (Though hopefully there were no happy endings in the car?)

That note is classic. Loves it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home