Thursday, September 13, 2007

Weekend Getaways

School's been going on for three weeks now and it's starting to amp up. I should be getting serious, but I've been distracted and all I can think about are fun fall weekend getaways.

Like these short potential trips:

1.) Los Angeles to see the Takashi Murakami show at my favorite art musuem in the state, the Museum of Contemporary Art LA. I have seen Murakami's pieces scattered throughout other exhibitions over the years. A little while back Yerba Buena Gallery had their main gallery room full of Murakami's pyschedelic happy mushrooms and flower sculpture garden. His colorful work always puts a smile on my face. The show opens October 29, 2007 and runs into February, 2008.

2.) Chicago to see a show at Museum of Contemporary Art (MCA) called "Sympathy for the Devil: Art and Rock and Roll Since 1967" which is choked full of a bunch of punk rock flyers, opening September 29th. (Thaddeus Strode 2006)

3.) Santa Cruz

4.) Calistoga Inn

5.) The Deetjens in Big Sur.

6.) Fortunatley I AM going to getaway to Treasure Island for their music festival this weekend to see DJ Shadow vs. Cut Chemist and M.I.A. It will be my first trip to the island. Then I am planning to trek back into the city to see Wooden Shjips at Bottom of the Hill later in the night.(photo by Peter Samuels)

Gotta getaway....


Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Anonymous wendy said...

I found Deetjen's to be a bit overrated for food, but great on atmosphere (we didn't stay there, though).

If you go down there, the food at the Big Sur Roadhouse is GREAT. We went twice.

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger freshpinkstyle said...

Hey Wendy,

We had brunch one day at Deetjen's and it was pretty good. Next time I think I would like to stay at Deetjen's and eat at Big Sur Roadhouse. Thanks for the tip. Also, congrats on your newly wedded status!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home