Thursday, September 27, 2007

T.G.I.F.F. (fresh friday)

It's Thursday night and it's been a good week, though I am glad it is almost over and time for Friday! I just got back from the Fillmore because for some odd reason, I got asked to dj the lounge there during a Morrissey show. I believe they were trying to fill in a gap? I had to scramble to locate some 80-ish and crooner-style records that would fit and it turned out to be pretty fun. I ended up having a small posse of older gay men asking me how I managed to "steal their record collections", whilst doing little jigs for me. It was very cute. I can appreciate Morrissey in parts, but I didn't feel the need to stay for the show. As you can see I was even dressed like I was ready for a Morrissey show.

Other nice music things & realizations of the my week:

1. The new Aesop Rock album has fun song on it with chipmunk-sounding voices, "None Shall Pass."
2. I love the Polooski remix of "Can't There Be Love" (thanks Matthew Africa) I had to buy it from iTunes this week.
3. Who knew that I could get obsessed with Wanda Jackson, she's awesome! She's on a great Rhino comp called One Kiss Can Lead To Another, she singing "Funnel of Love" and it's all gruff and cool-sounding.

Fashion meeting my music mood:
The thought of going to the Bonde Do Role show tomorrow night makes me want to wear a pair of crazy hightop sneakers like these ones that Karim Rashid designed.(photo from Paper Magazine)

Speaking of hightops, looks this Jeremy Scott pair over at Harputs.

Art show realizations: (photo from creativeworkfund.org)

1. SF artist, Barry McGee has a show on display in LA at the RedCAT through Nov. 25th. Now there are 2 arts shows of must-see status in LA, including the Murakami one that opens soon.
2. Nathaniel Russell and crew have a show called, Instant Memory at SFSU through October 10th. Nice stuff.

Magazine reading:

1. The story about Devandra Banhart and Miranda July in October's Bust is funny.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, Blogger ruzxs said...

Fresh Pink at the Fillmoreissey show!

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger freshpinkstyle said...

Oh, I forgot to say one weird thing was that Morrissey doesn't allow the Fillmore to have apples in the entry like they usually have. So, instead they just had a tablecloth with apple motif and a little apple by my name. What was up with that I wonder?

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger PopPhilosopher said...

i remember they didn't do apples for green day once, because they were afraid the kids would throw them. but morrissey fans? they only throw flowers.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger jenn said...

"death for no reason is murder..."
perhaps that applies to apples too? maybe he only eats dead leaves now. for the record, i love me some morrissey...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home