Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Disco Dancer

Hey, no hoodies today (folks have been privately complaining there's not enough variety and too many hoodies)....Therefore, I will lay off the hoodies for this humpday and offer you my favorite You Tube of the moment. This one was brought to my attention via the new M.I.A. album. She has a cover of a song from a Bollywood film from called Disco Dancer (1982), which looks pretty amazing, in an 80's Bollywood sort of way. Here's a tidbit of the Disco Dancer magic, if you haven't seen it before. I would love to see the whole thing!


M.I.A. covered the song, "Jimmy" from Disco Dancer but that video clip is not *quite* as good as what is above.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, Anonymous yuri said...

Hey Pink! It's YOUR BLOG and you can blog about whatever the hell you want! Don't be bossed around by the poopy lurkers!

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger freshpinkstyle said...

amen, sister!

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger jenn said...

Megan,
I OWN disco dancer. I'd watch it with you if you let me hear MIA's version of "Jimmy" which I've been dying to hear!

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger jenn said...

Or lend it to you if you don't want to watch it with me.
and cry.

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger freshpinkstyle said...

Haha, I am not surprised you have this movie, so, Yay! I wanna watch it with you. and yeah, M.I.A.'s "Jimmy" sounds just like the regular one, more or less. I have it, you can hear it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home