Tuesday, July 10, 2007

French Femme Fatale #2

Today I am moving on to a blonde French Femme Fatale, Ms. Catherine Deneuve. There are so many amazing images of her from the sixties. You can see a bunch more over here. While she usually looks flawless, I can't say I've ever truly enjoyed her in a movie. Belle Du Jour was disturbing when I saw it about ten years ago. Perhaps, I need some guidance for a good Deneuve fim? However this poster is pretty swank. I just learned this on imdb.com- "She had a relationship with 'Francois Truffaut' in the 1970s. When the relationship failed, Truffaut had a nervous breakdown." Wow. And I like this quote from her, "I don't see any reason for marriage when there is divorce."

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Blogger ruzxs said...

i enjoyed her in "the umbrellas of cherbourg" (1964) and "thieves" (1996).

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger freshpinkstyle said...

That's right! I forgot about Umbrellas of Cherbourg. It was candy-licious looking! I haven't seen "Thieves".

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger freshpinkstyle said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 11:57 AM, Anonymous wendy said...

this is a late comment on Femme Fatale #1 (I always did prefer brunettes), but if you haven't seen Emporte-Moi (Set Me Free), you might enjoy it. It's not vintage French, rather it's actually 1999 Swiss-French-Canadian, but it's a nice coming of age story where the girl is infatuated with Ana Karina in Vivre Sa Vie (My Life to Live).

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Dan said...

I prefer Young Girls of Rochefort to Umbrellas - it's funnier and weirder, plus it has her sister in it and she died tragically soon after. Les Voleurs (Thieves) tho is excellent as is Ma Saison Prefere (one of those films that critics call "devastating," which can be a turn off but not in this case). Personally, tho, I don't think she's even close to hot. Not like Bardot, F. Hardy, or Emmanuelle Beart. Mmmm, Beart.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home